Events searchable by location, event type, time, organiser, google maps AND MORE
- Admin AND users can add events (name, time, location, address, cost/free, organiser contact info, description, image, event/organiser website etc)
- Admins can approve events to publish
- Users can update their event after posting it
- Admins can add event type/category and location type/category that users must include in addition to typing in the event location address
- Events are mapped to Google maps (not just one marker per event view but you can see all events for the website on the map). Events are colour coded on Google maps by the event or location type/category
- Events can be viewed in big list or calendar
- Events list can be searched by location, event type, time, AND/OR day etc
hmmr (clears throat)
site at: http://icalevents.anmari.com
demo/test site at http://icalevents.anmari.com/test
does all of the above - integrates with various geo plugins including geo-mashup
also integrates with wpml for multi-lingual support.
Oh wow. Thanks I'll check it out!
Hmmm I've installed it and created a page and put [events] on the page but nothing seems to happen.
I can't see all that functionality in the plug in called "amr events calendar or lists with ical files". Just see
> iCal events list
- iCal events list
- List types
Any other ideas?
This set up would be perfect ... any idea how to make this happen: http://code.google.com/events/#
the wordpress.org free version requires an ics file as event input then you will see events . The amr-ical-events-list version has all the recurrence and listing customisation functionality that you could wish.
amr-events adds on the amr-ical-events-list the editing, taxonomy, the geo plugin integration (no point re-inventing the wheel when it works well with these plugins) and some more stuff coming...
Last time I looked at the geo plugins, geo-mashup looked like the best bet for that sort of map display and I do want to get something like that happening myself.
I also want a 'drilldown' map of events but have not had a chance to see if any of them would give us that.
One can drilldown using a taxonomy approach (Countries > States > Cities etc) with the event taxonomy widget supplied in amr-events (need to link to a url that will do the sorting by date, so cannot just use the excellent taxonomy widget by scribu. Note to self, must see if one could get that to integrate with events - hmm I think one could ... thinking.....
See the plugin site http://icalevents.anmari.com for more info and/or login at the test/demo site http://icalevents.anmari.com/test for a play around - bear in mind if someone else has mucked with the config things may be appear a bit odd.
Hmm I'm really sorry you've lost me with the ICS file. I can't find that info in Google Calendar help. I'm not sure how to do it. Are you saying that I need to export all events and them import it? Does that mean that the events can't be updated live. I have to update them and then upload them to wordpress?
RSS feed for this topic
You must log in to post.