Currently it takes a lot of effort to move a WordPress install or configuration from one domain and database, to another.
Ideally you would be able to set up and configure your WordPress install on one domain/url and database - then using some form of migration option, package up all configuration options (and, optionally - posts and pages too), which would allow deployment onto another domain/url and database.
Example - New, Clean install - No WordPress at destination.
* Install WP on http://staging.example.com w/ a staging db.
* Install and Configure Plugins and Themes
* (optionally) - Set up some static pages, with some content, etc.
* Use Migration Option to package up all files, and database.
* Deploy files to http://www.example.com, Use Migration Option to "restore" database and plugin configuration, etc to production database.