When an article or page matches my criteria, notify me in the admin interface and via email that it needs to be reviewed.
The interface should allow me to check who is notified: Author, Reviewer, Editor, Admin. The person at each role level should be allowed to check themselves and the person below.
Users at an appropriate role level should be allowed to define site-wide review criteria for all published content. Users at lower levels should be allowed to define criteria for their own content.
* date (this article is 1 year old; do you want to revise it or check for factual updates?)
* comment threshold (this article has received 25 comments)
* pingback/trackback threshold (same as above)
* pingback/trackback from a particular URL (your article has been linked by http://googleblog.blogspot.com/)
* Advanced criteria -- notification based on criteria found in an external RSS feed or in search results or via screen scraping (e.g. there are now 1,200 mentions on Technorati concerning the topic you wrote about in this article; should you post a follow-up article?)