WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Ideas

2.5: Add Multiple Galleries Within One Post

1. dotnetwizard

today when I wrote a post the need arose for me to have to sets of images in different places of the post (I wanted to add these sets as 2 galleries). but unfortunately this cannot be done at present as when you click add gallery the whole gallery gets added.
    SO I added one set as gallery and added the others using my ftp client and manually inserted each image to avoid images being repeated. Pls make an option to create extra galleries and upload images into them

Tip: to make it more user friendly, when a user uploads pictures assign them to a post gallery automatically (like the way its being done in 2.5) but also add a button to open up extra galleries (It could open in another tab in the multi file uploader) and to add images to those galleries, and you can have tags in the post like [gallery1], [gallery2] etc

this will help people with similar needs to mine ....

thanks

Posted: 6 years ago #
  2. floffel

I do like this idea very much and hope it'll be integrated in future WordPress versions!

3. fionadix

I came looking for this as well. I would like it a lot, it would save me hours of work doing it manually!

4. Anonymous

¡I Totally vote for this! I have a horrible nightmare with this...I had a post that had 12 edited digital images.
    In the same post I uploaded 30 photos which I wanted to make a Gallery...

I Insert gallery...and all the other 12 images which I DO NOT WANT to make them part of my photo gallery, automatically become part of it.

Having multiple galleries would solve this. 12 of my images would belong to one gallery, and 30 photos to the second.

This would allow easy split of inserting the 12 manually (since they were on different areas of the post) and the other 30 grouped as gallery.

Voolaa.

5. parttimejobs

Yes..,I like this and very useful for all. In future WordPress version will come with multiple gallary...

thanking you..

Posted: 5 years ago #
  6. handcutfilms

I would really, really like this to be implemented. I have the exact same need for my website: multiple galleries within a post/page. Thanks.

Posted: 4 years ago #
  7. nims

I am also looking for this solution. Any idea if its going to be implemented ?

Posted: 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

• Rating

20 Votes
  • Status

This is plugin territory