One Quick Post is a WordPress plugin that allows you to enable frontend posting on your blog; even for custom post types.
Please make a donation if you use this plugin ! It would be much appreciated.
- Build your own submissions forms. You can split a form into several steps; and add fields for the title, description, taxonomies, meta keys, geo-location, file upload...
- Used as frontend editor to post ads with Your Classified Ads plugin.
- Works with the WordPress roles & capabilities system : eg. if a user send a post; will it pend or will it published ? Is the user allowed to edit a published post ?
- Notifications: you can enable the notifications; that will email the user when his post is pending, has been published or has been deleted. As admin; you can write the reason of the deletion of a post in an optional box. This would be included in the notification message.
- BuddyPress compatible. (Soon : specific BuddyPress features)
- Query subscribe : allows user to save custom searches, and to follow authors or particular posts. User will be notified when posts matching the subscriptions settings are published (or edited, in the case of particular posts).
- Geo-location : adds a form field to allow the user to set the post location; and allow user to limit search to a maximum distance of a certain location.
- Expiration : makes posts expire after a certain delay; adds an "expired" class to those posts. Ability to hide those expired posts from WordPress and to auto-delete them after a certain delay (not yet implemented).
- Freshness : check which posts are "new" (published since X hours) : changes the regular post format to "published ... ago" (seconds,minutes,hours) for those posts. Also check which posts are "fresh" (not seen since last visit) and storing the info in a meta key or in a cookie (for non-logged visitors). Adds specific post classes for those new or fresh posts.
- Terms and conditions : adds a checkbox that the user has to check before creating a new post, linked to a "terms & conditions" page.