Odyno Google Groups can be installed using integrated WordPress plugin installer or manually.
Integrated WordPress plugin installer method
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Under Search, type in ’Odyno Google Group’.
- Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
- A popup window will ask you to confirm your wish to install the Plugin.
- If this is the first time you've installed a WordPress Plugin, enter the FTP login credential information. If you've installed a Plugin before, it will still have the login information.
- Click Proceed to continue with the installation. The resulting installation screen will list the installation as successful or note any problems during the install.
- If successful, click Activate Plugin to activate it, or Return to Plugin Installer for further actions.
- Upload ’Odyno Google Group’ folder from odynogooglegroup.zip file downloaded from Odyno Google Group WordPress plugin directory page to the ’/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate ’Odyno Google Group’ plugin through the ’Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You are ready! For example I have embed the mixare-developement comunity on my test site adn you can see the effect on screenshots section.
How to use it?
It’s very easy! You can add the group forum on your page in only three steps!
- Add page
- Set follow code on post editor [google_groups name="name-of-groups"] just swap “name-of-group” with your group name
- And now.. that’s all… go to the preview!
If you want to control the view, you can add these attributes on shortcode
- id: unique id of groups (default is random number)
- name: name of groups (default is random number)
- width: the width of page (default is 100%)
- height: the height of page (default is 800px)
- domain: the name of domain of groups (default none)
- showsearch: whether to show an embedded search box on destination forum pages. (default is false)
- showpopout: whether to show the "popout" button which lets the view be expanded to a full page, on destination forum pages (default is true)
- hideforumtitle: if you want to show the forum title and description, false if you don't want to show the title or description (default is true)
- hidesubject: if you want to hide the subject of the last post in My Forums view, false if you want to leave the subject visible (default is true)
- showtabs: whether to show tabs for changing views (e.g., to the Members view), on destination forum pages (default is false)