The Facebook plugin for WordPress adds Facebook social plugins to your WordPress site. Associate your WordPress site with a free Facebook application identifier to enable advanced features such as automatically sharing new posts to an author's Facebook Timeline or your site's Facebook Page. This plugin is developed by Facebook with extra support for popular plugins and themes, custom post types, and custom post statuses.
- Open Graph protocol markup optimizes your content for social sharing and rich story previews on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Mixi, and more. Display large images, link to author pages, and improve story distribution through social news feeds.
- Facebook Insights support for Facebook accounts associated with a Facebook application. Track rich audience data powered by Facebook profiles (age, location, language) and see how your content is shared on Facebook.
- Add Like, send, and follow buttons to every post to help your site's readers share content with friends or stay connected to future content shared by your site on Facebook.
- Enable the Facebook Comments Box social plugin to encourage new comments from logged-in Facebook users and his or her Facebook friends. Comments associated with a post are sorted according to social signals including friend networks, most liked, or the most active discussion threads. Advanced features include moderation, blacklisted words, automatic grammar correction, and login support for AOL, Microsoft, and Yahoo! accounts.
- Like Box displays recent activity from your Facebook Page and encourages new Like actions.
- Recommendations Bar helps visitors discover additional content on your site by recommending posts and encouraging Like shares.
- Recommendations Box suggests related posts in a configurable widget.
- Configure your Facebook application for Open Graph action news publishing support for improved Facebook distribution of author Timeline stories and news-specific highlights.
- Mention Facebook friends and Facebook pages in a custom message posted to your Timeline with your post.
- Customize and extend the plugin through custom actions and filters.
Add a Like Button or a Send Button using a shortcode inside your post or evaluated from within your theme. You may override site-level options with shortcode attributes defined on the social plugin's page.
The development source code for this plugin is available on Facebook's GitHub account. Pull Requests and code discussion welcome.